- for druid option avoid combat is ignored (it is always turned on cant be turned off), this is very bad when you gather peacebloom herb for example with your iLVL 522 druid and level 2 mob that starts hitting you (that actually misses you all the time since it is low level) makes you start going away from node in order to break combat
even for level 90 mobs you could just stand on node if there is only 1 or 2 mobs and retry gathering few times because with gathering gloves you take 0.5 seconds to gather and can gather between mob casts, a hit or two for decently geared bear is nothing it will heal itself in few seconds with passive regen
- my druids have problem getting caught in tree tops in following areas at least (and i mean a lot like every 5 minutes):
northeren stranghtleaon, duskwood
- settings dialog still takes time to load something like 2-3 seconds, also you can to open it each time since
- even with new patch that caches database calls CPU usage is a bit high, around same as WOW itself (5% CPU time on 4 core intel CPU)
- i know that gathering in water is not supported currently, but it would be nice if atleast gathering in vashij was supported (druids seal form can swim 450% there), and also if possible gathering on bottom of lakes without going up in the air (outside water) like thousand needles lake or western plaguelands lake
1. The problem is that we detect combat and not read chat to see if we are in combat. So even if a Level 1 is attacking us, it bails out.
2. I will look into why it is ignoring the combat flag in the settings and this should solve issue 1 for the most part.
3. Tree tops is a Flightor Issue. We use Honorbuddy's Flightor for Navigation.
4. The coding involved for Vashir, is not worth the work. 1 Zone for a ton of code is at the very bottom of things I have to do. I thought about it.. but if I ever get to it.. it will be the very last thing that happens most likely.
1. while fixing flag should also be done, routine for combat avoidance itself can behave better, should instead flying away behave following way (this is how i usually behave when manually gathering):
10 dont stop gathering cast when in combat (currently when it detects combat stops gather cast itself does not wait for mob to interrupt it)
20 if mob/mobs does interupt gather cast retry gather cast without moving from spot 2-3 times (random number)
30 if node could not be gathered at this point flying away and returning would probably fail anyway since we will most likely again pull same mobs now there should be setting that say "skip hard nodes"
40 if "skip hard nodes" is true blacklist node and fly away to next node
50 if "skip hard nodes" is false enter cat/bear form and kill mobs, than gather node
also for mining it should not stop casting when it enters combat should first try to complete cast unless interupted by mob
3. cant you instead of flightor use your "arcing" navigator/pathing (atleast when your gathering in same map area
4. fair enough small amount of herbs/ores is under water so i understand if its low priority, just wanted to correct you that same code should also be usefull for gathering on bottom of any other big lake like thousand needles or western plaguelands
I like the wait to move idea. I will implement that today.
I can not cast multiple times due to others maybe not using gloves, are a tauren, etc.
Hard Nodes is more or less just turn off Skip Combat at Nodes.
Mining: See wait to move idea..
The Arcing is still Flightor, it is just using points above the node location to create the arc.
The Vashir nodes are completely different than at the bottom of a lake etc due to how it wants to mount and navigate after said nodes. It will always swim to the surface to take off again, where as Vashir will be permanently under water. The other challenge is finding the correct Z access since it won't be max like above ground nodes are.